In this role, you’ll be responsible for assisting the Dog Foster Coordinator to pre-screen dog foster applications following standard guidelines. To be successful in this role, you need to communicate effectively and professionally with a variety of people, and be willing to work closely with the Dog Foster Coordinator.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Review Dog Foster applications in a timely manner, as assigned by Dog Foster Coordinator
- Complete veterinary reference checks for assigned applications
- Complete personal reference checks for assigned applications
- Update database with results of checks
- Report results to Dog Foster Coordinator
- Assist Foster Coordinator with outreach to new applicants, review guidelines, set up new fosters in databases, and other duties as requested
Ability to get along well with all types of personalities. Ability to read and write in English. Ability to complete tasks within a specified time frame. Ability to maintain confidentiality. No experience is necessary. Training will be provided.
Up to 15 hours per week, or as needed.
Must be 21 years of age or older. Phone, computer with internet access.
This is a volunteer position. Service hours may be granted for your role.