Since our organization’s inception in January 2015, we’ve accomplished a lot over the past few years. Our success is due to our organization leadership and the support from volunteers, foster families, adopters as well as Ft. Bend Co. businesses, veterinarians, and animal rescue foundations.
- In 2018, we helped 485 dogs and cats get adopted. By 2019, we helped 567 animals get adopted. As of May 2020, we’ve helped about 380 animals get adopted – more than half of our annual adoption numbers.
- Throughout 2018 and 2019, we significantly increased our presence in the community by partnering with more local pet stores, for example Petco and PetSmart – where we host regular weekly adoption events.
- In 2019, we increased our collaboration with local businesses and organizations to host adoption events, for example, Steinhauser’s, The Perfect Latte, Camp Bow Wow, and Altar’d State.
- We continue to expand our foster base – in 2018, we had around 90 families. As of May 2020, our foster base has more than doubled to 225 families.
- We continue to increase our volunteer base – in 2018, we had about 125 volunteers. Now we have about 300 volunteers.
- In 2018, SOCA first achieved Platinum certification (the highest) from GuideStar, the world’s largest source of nonprofit information; and every year, we continue to earn that certification. GuideStar profiles show up on AmazonSmile, Facebook, and Network for Good, to name a few – and they help people decide how to assign their purchasing dollars to help worthy causes. Profiles also help nonprofit funding organizations decide how to prioritize their giving.