Before You Adopt:
- Any existing pets in the household of the same species should be spayed/neutered, up-to-date on vaccinations, and on monthly heartworm prevention.
- All members of the household agree to the addition of the new family member, and you have sufficient financial resources to care for the pet.
- Verify that you have no restrictions regarding the number or type of pet you wish to adopt placed by your landlord, homeowner’s association, city of residence, or homeowner’s insurance company.
Adoption fees help to defray the costs of exams, spaying/neutering, medical testing, vaccinations, microchip, flea/heartworm preventive medications, and medical treatments on many pets we take into our care.
- Dogs – $250 Puppies (12 months and under), $250 Small Breeds, $175 Adults (1-8 years), $100 Seniors (over 8 years)
- Cats – $125 Kittens (under 1 year), $85 Adults (1-10 years), $50 Seniors (over 10 years)
- Variable pricing may apply for select breeds of dogs and cats
We do not receive any government funding, therefore, additional tax-deductible contributions are welcomed and appreciated.
- Submit your online application (even if you haven’t quite decided on which pet you would like yet). Please be aware we do not necessarily adopt to the first family that applies, but instead strive to find the best match for both the pet and the family. It can take 1-3 business days for your application to be processed as we are 100% volunteer run. You will receive notification via email once your initial application has been processed.
- Complete a phone interview with the foster family or adoption coordinator. This is to further determine if the pet is a match for your family (or to perhaps offer a better fit).
- Allow us to perform a visit to your home with the pet to make sure the house is appropriate for that pet and to observe his or her interactions with your family and other pets.
- Complete adoption paperwork, pay adoption fee, perform sleepover (24 hours). Adoption is finalized. (Puppies cannot be finalized until final vaccinations and spay/neuter is performed)
Adoption & Foster Applications
Search SOCA-FBC Adoptables
Type “Dog” or “Cat” in the search box below