Saving Our Companion Animals – Fort Bend County (SOCA-FBC), a 501c3, corporation dedicated to saving and improving the lives of companion animals and promoting responsible pet ownership in Fort Bend County, TX announces year end animal records for 2017.
• Adoptions: Dogs 186, Cats 296 = Total 482
• Euthanized: Dogs 3, Cats 4 = Total 7 (All severely ill or injured, and on veterinarian
• Passed Away: Dogs 7, Cats 13 = Total 20
• Reclaimed: Dogs 1, Cats 2 = Total 3
• Strayed: Dogs 0, Cats 0 = Total 0
• Transferred Dogs 2, Cats 1 = Total 3
• In care at end of year Dogs 58, Cats 53 = Total 111
Total live outcomes = 489
Total intakes = 559
Our lifesaving rate (using ASPCA metric) – 489 live outcomes/559 intakes = 87%
We thank all our current and past foster families, volunteers, and donors for your support. Most of our adoptable pets come from Fort Bend County Animal Services and the local area with medical and other issues making it unlikely that they would have found a home without our help. It is through your amazing efforts and generosity that we have been able to rehabilitate and find homes for over 506 companion animals for the period of January 1st to December 31st, 2017.
We would especially like to thank our leadership team for their sustained, amazing work during a most difficult year. Many of our dedicated leaders and foster families faced personal hardship due to the hurricane, but banded to help each other, and others in the community without missing a beat. We are forever grateful to you all.
To foster a pet, volunteer, or donate to SOCA-FBC to help homeless pets in need, go to www.soca-fbc.org